Art of Skincare Prime & Protect SPF 40 is a broad spectrum SPF with both zinc oxide and titanium dioxide for flawless sun protection.
Why We Love It
On the surface, our AOS Prime & Protect SPF 40 works excellent as an all-purpose sunscreen, but it doesn't stop there: with a natural SPF of 40, Prime & Protect is the perfect base for your favorite foundation. Don't use foundation? Try the tinted formula alone to enhance your natural complexion. The tint is perfect for minimizing dark spots for an even skin tone. In short, AOS Prime & Protect SPF 40 is the sunscreen that will effortlessly mesh with other skincare and beauty products.
For fair to light skin, the untinted is a wonderful option to be worn alone or under your favorite foundation. Medium to deep skin tones will prefer the tinted to avoid a white cast.
- Blurs imperfections
- Broad spectrum SPF for UVA/UVB protection
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Pore minimizing
- Antioxidant protection with vitamin C
- All day SPF 40 protection
- 100% acne safe and non-pore clogging
- Contains the #1 and #2 rated sunscreen filters that help prevent skin aging, sun-induced wrinkles, and loss of firmness
The Lowdown On Dimethicones
What is Dimethicone? Dimethicone is derived from silica, which is sand.
Dimethicones are safe and sustainable.
Dimethicone Myth: Dimethicones worsen skin concerns and suffocate the skin.
Dimethicone Truth: Dimethicone provides many effective beauty benefits including:
- Improves the skin feel – silky, smooth
- Soft focus – reduces visibility of wrinkles and other skin imperfections
- Evens skin texture by spreading the pigment and promoting skin adherence
- Mattifying – absorbs sebum
- Lightweight, breathable barrier
- Conditioning and hydrating – no dryness or flaking
- Prevents water loss
- Helps reduce and prevent acne/wound scarring
Who Will Love It
Those who want a sunscreen that offers a chemical-free flawless finish will love Prime & Protect. It is also popular among those who don't like to use a foundation and prefer the sheer look of a tinted sunscreen. It's gentle enough to use after skin procedures such as peels or laser therapy. We find that this sunscreen stays on well through water activity and active outdoor sports.
Apply 1 pump liberally alone or before applying foundation. It may also be mixed with your foundation.
Reapply after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating immediately after towel drying for at least every 2 hours of sun exposure.
We love to mix Prime & Protect with Illuminare Liquid Mineral Makeup. If your Illuminare is a bit dark for you, choose the non-tinted Prime & Protect. If your Illuminare is a bit light for you, choose the tinted formula.
Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 8%, Zinc Oxide 3.8%
Inactive Ingredients: Alumina, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Lauryl PEG/PPG- 18/18- Hydrogen Dimethicone, Hydrogen Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate