Vitamin A, also known as Retinol, is the one remarkable ingredient that does it all --exfoliates, repairs, retexturizes, and rejuvenates.
- Removes dead skin cells
- Repairs cellular structure
- Reverses photo-aging
- Breaks up excess melanin to brighten skin
- Decreases sebum production
- Diminishes and refines pores
- Diminishes blemishes
- Strengthens the skin matrix
- Improves hydration
- Increases blood flow
- Stimulates collagen and elastin production
- Thickens the dermis
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Gives skin a glowing appearance
Instructions for using a Retinol Corrective
If you haven't used Retinol before, it's best to start with a lower concentration to allow skin to acclimate. As skin acclimates, bump up to stronger formulas to keep your progress going. Retinol can be used daily (in the PM) unless your skin is sensitive.
Start by using your retinol corrective every night. You may experience redness, dryness and flaking on day 3 or 4. Let your skin rest for a day or two and then resume using your Retinol Corrective every other night. Retinol is an active corrective that requires special care. Some clients may use nightly and others once or twice a week. It is best to use at night after a thorough cleansing. It is normal to experience redness, dryness, and flaking at various stages of using a Retinol corrective. Once the skin exfoliates it will rebound and replenish.
- Top your retinol corrective with a few drops of Rhonda Allison Sea Gems. This will reduce the likely hood of any unpleasant irritation during the adjustment period.
- Work up to using a retinol corrective 3 to 5 nights per week. Leave your retinol corrective at home while traveling or vacationing.
- For some it may take up to 90 days for skin to adjust. Typically, the more damaged the skin the more flaking you will see.
- Some clients find they use their corrective nightly and only experience flaking once or twice per year. While other are more sensitive and need only use their retinol once or twice per week… every skin is different.