This is my favorite skin rescue facial to use when I have been spending a lot of time in the sun. It focuses on soothing and cooling the skin and is excellent for rescuing the skin after you have had a lot of sun exposure and/or when you are a little sun burned. These products can be used together or individually to heal the skin after sun exposure, or individual products can be incorporated into your daily face routine for summer. Remember that you should be changing your skin routine with each season to address your skins changing needs.
1. Start by cleansing your face with Sorella Apothecary Apricot Mango Cleansing Milk. Message the cleanser into dry skin, adding a little water, if you need extra help removing makeup. The aloe vera and apricot oil in this cleanser soothe and heal the skin while powerful antioxidants vitamins C, E, & B5 fight free radical damage caused by sun exposure.
2. Spritz the face with Le Mieux Iso-Cell Recovery Solution. This facial mist mimics the composition of blood with 8 therapeutic minerals and amino acids that feed the skin. It works miracles at healing and soothing sunburns and bug bites. If you have a burn, spritz every 15 to 30 minutes. The smaller size of this spritz is perfect for carrying in your purse so that you can reapply throughout the day.
3. Apply Farm House Fresh Guac Star Soothing Avocado Mask. Allow to dry on the skin for 15-30 min before gently removing with cool water and a soft cloth. I like keeping this mask in the fridge so that it is extra cooling to the skin. The avocado in this mask is high in vitamins B5, B6, K, E, and C, copper, folate, and potassium that moisturize and nurture the skin. This mask is also high in antioxidants for protection and healing from sun damage. Its gentle nature means this mask can be applied as an eye mask under and around the eye areas as well.
4. Moisturize the skin with Rhonda Alison Exotica Rhodiola Cream. This is my most often recommended moisturizer for the summer months as it helps balance heat and redness in the skin. Packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory ingredients, this moisturizer is a key player for solar defense. Like Guac Star, I like to keep this product in the fridge to increase its cooling effect on the skin. I also recommend this moisturizer for those with hot flashes and/or rosacea.
5. Finally, apply Sorella Apothecary Avocado Oil Lip Hydrator to brighten, hydrate and repair your lips keeping them soft and plump throughout the day.
This protocol is gentle and soothing enough to be used daily. However, individualized serums and toners should be added to create a full protocol for daily use. Don't forget to always finish with your SPF!